On-collar Technology Detects and Deters Unwanted Barking
There’s no denying it – all dogs bark, but problems begin when the barking becomes incessant – often times when family members are away from the home and unable to deal with the problem. Neighbors start complaining, and in extreme cases, the landlord or animal control intervenes – forcing pet owners to make difficult decisions. The BarkLimiter series helps put an end to the problem by giving dog owners control over nuisance barking.
- Works right out of the box to help deter nuisance barking -- with up to a 30-day life on rechargeable battery
- Offers on-collar vibration and tone corrections; select either or both
- Slim, convenient form factor features comfortable plastic contacts in long and short sizes to accommodate thick or short coats
- Works with the Garmin Canine app on your smartphone to let you adjust settings and review bark correction data
- Use with the included black strap, or easily snap onto your dog's existing collar (up to 1" wide and up to 0.12" thick)
Dogs bark. That’s just a given. But to help curb and correct nuisance barking from your pet, Garmin has developed the new, improved BarkLimiter 2VT. It uses accelerometer-based bark identification to distinguish between repetitive barking and other sounds. Then it corrects bad barking behavior with on-collar vibration and/or tone prompts.
Coaching From a Dog Collar
The slim, lightweight BarkLimiter 2VT device attaches comfortably to your dog’s collar and senses throat vibrations to virtually eliminate false corrections from external noises such as the barking of other dogs nearby. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery keeps the power coming — and the on-collar corrections working — for weeks at a time.
Control with Your Smartphone
BarkLimiter 2VT comes ready to go right out of the box and works with the free Garmin Canine app on your compatible smartphone or tablet². You’ll use the app to set up your BarkLimiter 2VT device and enable your phone or tablet to serve as a wireless component for your system. The app lets you remotely turn the collar device’s vibration and tone prompts on or off. Plus, you can also review bark history data to see what times of day your dog tends to trigger corrections.
Results-based Bark Correction
By introducing a signal that interrupts habitual or repetitive behaviors, the BarkLimiter 2VT collar device offers an effective, pet-friendly way of encouraging your dog to stop excessive barking. Its vibration and tone prompts call attention to unwanted behavior with a harmless deterrent signal that your dog can easily understand. For your own visual reference, a status LED light on the device indicates battery life, bark detection and correction.
In the Box:
- BarkLimiter 2VT
- 3/4" black collar strap
- Charging/data cable
- Garmin part #010-01860-02