Pinpoint your dog's position and know exactly where he is, even when you can't see or hear him. This system includes the newest, upgraded Astro 430 handheld and latest T5 transmitter collar!
Handheld Tracking System for Sporting Dogs
- Track up to 20 dogs at a time, with ranges up to 9 miles using a Garmin T5 collar device or up to 4 miles with a T5 Mini collar device
- 2.5 second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run
- GPS/GLONASS reception enables better satellite tracking in challenging environments than GPS alone
- Comes with preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping and a free 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription; compatible with Garmin HuntView cards
- Hunt Metrics data helps analyze your dogs' hunting patterns and behaviors; view distance traveled, time afield and more
With faster 2.5-second location updates and the capacity to follow up to 20 dogs, Astro 430 is a handheld powerhouse of dog-tracking performance. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 handheld features a vibrant 2.6-inch color display, preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping, an optional in-unit rechargeable battery and Hunt Metrics data to help analyze your dogs' tracking habits in the field, so you can know how to train more effectively.
Follow Your Dog's Every Move
Using the included T5 dog tracking collar (or T5 Mini collar, sold separately) to transmit each dog's location as often as every 2.5 seconds, Astro 430 is quick to pinpoint the track they’re following — even when they’re on the run. On the Astro's bright, crisp display, you can see your dog's current location and a trail of where he's been.
You also can switch over to the Dog Track page to view a compass pointing to your dog's location. For help in keeping the big picture in sight when tracking multiple dogs, it's easy to auto zoom the map page, so all dogs can be seen on the display at any time. Dogs that are too far away to fit on the map's current zoom scale can be notated on the display's margin in the direction of the dog's location.
To reduce visual clutter on the map, you can toggle between "show all," "show some" and "show none" -selecting the duration that each dog's track is viewable on the display. You can also share a dog's track code so another person can view your dog's location on their unit's map, along with the dog tracking compass. Further, by sharing a dog's control code, you can allow another person to configure and control your dog's on-collar device.
See More Detail with Additional Mapping
Astro 430 features a microSD card slot that allows you to load even more mapping options (such as TOPO U.S. 24K or HuntView maps, sold separately). You also can opt for City Navigator NT map data that gives you turn-by-turn driving directions on roads. In addition, Astro 430 supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (free 1-year subscription included) so you can download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. The Astro's mapping depicts important nearby geographical features and enables you to see if your dog has crossed a creek or is nearing a dangerous roadway. Astro 430 is also compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper maps for your device.
Hunt Metrics Data
Sophisticated Hunt Metrics help monitor your dog's hunting patterns and behaviors to optimize your training opportunities. You can see your dog's times, distances traveled and overall scores. Plus, the Astro 430 will also capture the number of times during the hunt when an "on point" or "treed" event was indicated.
Count your Coveys
After you've tracked down your quarry, mark the exact spot with Astro's Covey Counter, a special waypoint that shows the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey as well as the number of birds you flushed and took from that location. Astro lets you save other special waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge," so you can easily find your way back to these locations at the end of the hunt. Astro also offers special waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points.
With an expanded ecosystem of wireless connectivity options, Astro 430 can support unit-to-unit data transfer with a variety of compatible Garmin devices. For example, the outdoor Garmin DriveTrack 70 GPS navigator can receive and display dog positions on its moving map — with TOPO or satellite image views — showing navigation cues to your dog's current location. Likewise, Fenix 3 GPS watches can receive dog status updates and alerts for viewing at a glance on your wrist. Also, while you're in the field, Astro 430 lets you link and share wirelessly with your buddies' compatible devices to help coordinate hunt logistics on the go.
Turn Your Computer Into a BaseStation for Tracking Dogs
Load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control center for tracking multiple dogs (equipped with T5 or T5 Mini dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. And because it's GPS/GLONASS capable, you'll get tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn't available.
Tough, Water-resistant, Long-lasting
Like all Garmin outdoor products, Astro 430 is designed to be effective, easy to use, reliable and rugged enough to withstand all the blows, bumps and sloppy conditions of training and hunting. The handheld unit is water-resistant to IPX7, and it can be powered with standard AA batteries - or the optionally available long-lasting NiMH battery pack that's rechargeable in the unit. What's more, if you ever drop or misplace your Astro 430 in the field, the high-visibility orange case makes it easy to track down.
- Can track up to 20 dogs with range of up to 9 miles
- Bundle includes one T5 Tracking Collar
- GPS and GLONASS satellite reception
- Faster 2.5-second update rate
- Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps and a 1-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
- Provides tracking only (no remote training/shock) with the following dog devices: T5, T5Mini, TT15, TT15Mini, DC-50, TT10 (not compatible with DC-20, DC-30, DC-40)
- Handheld operates on standard AA batteries or can use optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack (see NiMHBat sold separately)
- Provides notification when dog is "Treed" or "On Point"
- Compatible with new DriveTrack 70 LMT for in-vehicle tracking and GPS navigation
- Compatible with Fenix 3 watches
- Compatible with AstroCover
- Compatible with AstroGlo
- Compatible with ExplodeAstro
In the Box:
- Astro 430 handheld
- T5 dog device with rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 1-inch orange collar strap
- 5-inch standard and 13-inch extended range antennas (for Astro 430)
- 18.5-inch standard and 22.5-inch extended range antennas (for T5)
- Belt clip
- Charging clip
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Vehicle charging adapter
- User's Manual
- Garmin part # 010-01635-00