Multi-dog Tracking GPS and Remote Training Device in One
- Tracks up to 20 dogs or hunting buddies from up to 9 miles away
- 18 training levels of continuous and momentary stimulation
- Tone and vibration alerts
- Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps
- Measures dog's speed and distance traveled
An invaluable tool in the field, the Alpha 100 helps you achieve optimum performance from your sporting dogs. It combines proven Garmin GPS dog tracking with Tri-Tronics® electronic dog training technology. This easy-to-use integrated handheld system allows you to track and train your dogs in the field at a range of up to 9 miles away, delivering their exact position as often as every 2.5 seconds.
With multiple Alpha 100 handhelds and TT™ 15 dog devices, pinpoint up to 20 dogs or hunters’ exact positions on a large, glove-friendly touchscreen display even when they are out of sight. Because Alpha 100 comes preloaded with TOPO U.S. 100K maps, you’ll always know your surroundings.
Track Your Dogs
Measure each dog’s speed, distance and the direction being traveled. Plus, receive notifications when a dog is “Treed” or “On Point.” A single Alpha 100 can track up to 20 dogs or fellow hunters by receiving signals from additional Alpha 100 handhelds, TT 15 and TT 15 mini dog devices (each sold separately). Or, choose tracking only with the new T 5 or T 5 mini dog devices. For competitions that don’t allow stimulation, tone or vibe, the compatible T 5 or T 5 mini tracking devices are an excellent alternative. And, if you’re using a vehicle to follow and retrieve your dogs, the Garmin DriveTrack™ 70 dog tracker and GPS navigator (sold separately) provides an easy-to-watch “big picture” solution. The 7-inch moving map display shows dog positions overlaid on TOPO contours or satellite image views – along with navigation cues that help point you to your dog’s current location.
BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required) allows you to have a better-than-real-life view of terrain, including roads, water, woods and more.
Train and Control
Alpha 100 helps you train and control your dogs to stop chasing unwanted game. Easy to access training buttons allow you to communicate separately to each dog through safe and effective features, including 18 levels of momentary and 18 levels of continuous stimulation or an audible tone or vibe command. Plus, a lockout setting is available to avoid accidental stimulation or tone.
Select from 2 stimulation modes to customize your training even further. Traditional stimulation allows you to make quick changes (low, medium and high) within a predetermined stimulation level (1 through 6), whereas linear stimulation allows progressively more stimulation from level 1 through level 18.
Extend Your Battery
When using the TT 15, switch to Rescue Mode to prolong the battery life. When the TT 15 reaches approximately 25 percent battery life, it will automatically slow down the update rate at which it pings Alpha 100 from every 2.5 seconds to every 2 minutes. This mode conserves the battery life of the TT 15, giving you more time to search for and locate your dog.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Turn Your Computer Into a BaseStation for Tracking Dogs
Load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control center for tracking multiple dogs and/or buddies (up to 20 Alpha units, TT 15 or T 5 dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. And because it’s GPS and GLONASS, you'll get safe, secure and more effective tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn’t available.
- Track and Train a combination of 20 dog devices or Alpha 100 handhelds simultaneously from up to 9 miles away
- Handheld features a 3" glove-friendly color touchscreen
- 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation - plus audible tone and integrated LED light beacons (activated from the Alpha 100 handheld)
- Measure dogs' statistics such as speed, distance, and direction
- "Treed" and "On Point" notifications
- Rugged and waterproof design
- LED Beacon lights for low-light conditions
- VIRB camera control
- TT15 collar is equipped with a top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver for increased signal reception
- Replaceable 1-inch black collar strap (various colors available, sold separately)
- Rechargeable Li-ion batteries in Alpha 100 handheld and TT15 collar
- Dog rescue mode switches TT15 to a slower update rate to prolong battery life
- Built-in 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Preset messaging capability between Alpha 100 handhelds allows hunter-to-hunter position reporting
- Battery life of Alpha 100 handheld is approximately 20 hours
- Battery life of TT15 collar is approximately 24-48 hours (depending on update rate)
- Option to set up radius and geofence alerts
- ANT compatible - share information wirelessly with other Alpha users
- Supports optional map data - TOPO US 24K, auto-routing with City Navigator, etc. (available separately)
- Includes preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping for terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and more
- Includes a 1-year free subscription of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
In the Box:
- Alpha 100 handheld
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- TT15 dog device with rechargeable Li-ion battery
- 1-inch black collar strap
- Belt clip
- 5-inch standard and 13-inch extended range antennas (for Alpha)
- 18.5-inch standard and 22.5-inch extended range antenna (for TT 15)
- Charge clip
- Split adapter cable
- AC adapter
- Vehicle power cable
- USB cable
- Contact point set with wrench
- Durable field bag
- Garmin product # 010-01041-50