Add 4-seasons vents to your Owens Do-It-Yourself Dog Box. Our diamond tread aluminum storm door covers for Owens DIY Dog Box Kit are wintertime front door vent covers. Bolts directly to door vent using the bolt and bolt handle. Sold in sets of two.
* 55225 - Fits DIY Box # 55046
* 55226 - Fits DIY Box # 55048
Our Price: $38.99
To install the winter vent covers:
- unscrew the black bolt handle from the front of the winter vent cover.
- open the dog compartment door and place the winter vent cover flush against the inside of the dog door poking the bolt out the front through one of the vent slats in the dog door.
- position the vent cover in the desired location and then screw the black bolt handle back onto the winter vent cover to secure it in place. The winter vent cover can be adjusted vertically by sliding up up or down along the vent slat to allow all vent space at the top or bottom of the door, or it can be placed directly in the middle of the door to allow venting both above and below the winter cover before tightening the black handle.
NOTE: The winter vent cover will not span the entire door vent in order to allow some fresh air to flow inside the dog compartment.