Premier Tracking System for Sporting Dogs
Pinpoint your dog’s position and know exactly where he is, even when you can’t see or hear him. Includes the newest, upgraded Astro 320 handheld and the DC-50 transmitter collar! Tired of searching for your hunting dog in tall grass or dense cover? Now you can leave the hunting entirely to him.
See Your Dogs’ Every Move
The Astro system includes a bright color-screen handheld GPS device and the rugged, orange polyurethane DC-50 collar. The collar strap accommodates most e-collar receivers — eliminating the need to put two separate collars on a dog. Just slip your compatible e-collar receiver right over the DC-50 strap. Plus, Collar Lock creates a four-digit PIN number that helps prevent others from seeing your dog’s whereabouts — a useful feature in field trials to ensure that an Astro is used only as a recovery tool when a dog in competition becomes lost.
Attach Collar and Go
To get started, just take Astro outdoors and turn on the handheld and transmitter to acquire GPS satellite signals. Then attach the DC-50 to your dog. Now you’re ready to turn him loose — no other setup required!
The new DC-50 collar/transmitter is an upgrade to the previous DC-40 collar. The DC-50 features a top-mounted high-sensitivity GPS antenna to improve position performance. The receiver's ability to track additional satellites using the GLONASS system helps locate the dog's position more quickly and maintain GPS location even in heavy tree cover or deep canyons.
A braided steel VHF antenna, with additional length, reliably sends the dog's position data straight to your Astro handheld. As an added bonus, the DC-50 will now incorporate innovative bark identification technology so that dog owners will know if the dog is barking even if they are out of audible range.
This new DC-50 is waterproof (up to 10m), rugged and reliable!
Track Dogs in Dense Cover
As often as every five seconds, your dog’s DC-50 transmits his position to your Astro 320 handheld. You can see his current location and a trail of where he’s been on the Map page of your handheld. Switch over to the Dog Tracker page to view a compass pointing to your dog’s location as well as his current status: whether he’s running, sitting, on point or treeing quarry. The new three-axis electronic compass (available only on the Astro 320)lets hunters accurately view their dog’s position when holding the handheld at any angle. Astro can also sound an alarm to let you know instantly when your dog goes on point. In addition to audible alerts, Garmin has also incorporated a new vibration feature on the Astro 320. Astro boasts a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that can track your dog’s position even in the densest cover. You can track up to ten dogs at one time with Astro, at a distance of up to nine miles away (depending on terrain). The system transmits information by line-of-sight, so it reaches farthest in flat, open territory.
Count Your Coveys
After you’ve captured your quarry, mark the exact spot with Astro’s Covey Counter™, a special waypoint that tells you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey, as well as the number of birds you flushed and took from that location. Astro lets you save other special waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge," so you can save the location of these places quickly and easily for each hunt. Astro also offers special waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points.
Experience Full-featured GPS
Astro shines when you’re out on the hunt, but it also excels in getting you back to your truck at the end of the day, or even back home again. In fact, the Astro handheld has all the features of Garmin’s top-line handheld outdoor devices, including a barometric altimeter, electronic compass, microSD™ card slot, celestial information, area calculator and rugged, IPX7 waterproof exterior. With optional detailed city street maps, you can search for over 6 million points of interest and create a route on roads with exact turn-by-turn directions.
Astro 320 Enhancements
The Astro 320 improves user interface with a simpler menu structure and sophisticated graphics thanks to its vibrant, sunlight-readable 2.6” color display.
- Both durable and waterproof, Astro 320 is built to withstand the elements. It features the legendary toughness built for the rigors of the outdoors – be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this essential hunting companion.
- The 320 features a built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief, plus support for enhanced mapping such as BirdsEye™ satellite imagery, Topo maps, and Garmin custom maps.
- With an optional BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription, hunters can pinpoint buildings, powerlines, and even individual trees – directly on their Astro 320. Hunters know, for example, if their dog has crossed a creek or is nearing a dangerous road.
- Garmin’s free BaseCamp software allows hunters and trainers to download, view and save their dog’s tracks to a computer for viewing later – a great tool for evaluating performance. A refined user interface streamlines what is displayed on screen by allowing dogs that are outside the current zoom level to have their location notated in the display's margin. The user can also choose the amount of each dog's tracklog displayed, or toggle it off completely to avoid cluttering the map.
- This rugged handheld also has a built-in vibration motor to support silent alerts in addition to audible tones, a 3-axis digital compass (allowing the hunter to hold the handheld at any angle), improved reception range, a fully rubberized outer coating with an over molding for a better grip, a new keyboard design, and onboard memory for storing additional mapping (1.7 Gigs).
- The new handheld also features a handy keypad lock so buttons aren’t accidentally pushed while being carried in a pocket or through thick brush. The orange trim color is great for hunters and especially helpful for visibility if the handheld is dropped or misplaced.
- Now offering two new included antenna options, the extended range antenna can increase the tracking range by up to 30%. Thanks to the redesigned antenna, the maximum range between the Astro 320 and a Garmin tracking collar can achieve up to nine miles in flat, unobstructed terrain.
- Dog handlers can wirelessly transfer waypoints, tracks, and even their dog’s tracking settings to other Astro 320 users.
In the Box:
Astro 320 handheld
DC 50 wireless transmitter collar
5.0" standard antenna for the Astro
13.0" long range antenna for the Astro
18.5" standard antenna for the DC 50
22.5" long range antenna for the DC 50
Vehicle charging adapter
Our Price: $599.99